Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the FABULOUS Broke and the Bookish, be sure to join in!
This weeks topic is:
The Retribution of Mara Dyer– Michelle Hodkin
I need to know what the heck is going on, PLEASE.
Thanksgiving Week Edition of Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Books We’re Most Thankful For is what we’re talkin’ this week! And boy oh boy do I have books I am thankful for! Join in the fun at The Broke and The Bookish!
1- The Art of Racing in the Rain: Garth Stein
This book showed me how to feel for a dog that wasn’t my own, and how to care for characters more than any other book has been able to. I am going to forever recommend this book to anyone with a heart.
2-The Outsiders: S.E. Hinton
For being the best book EVER – in eighth grade, and now! This book has stood the test of time. Just like Ponyboy and Dallas. And if you haven’t read it? Don’t talk to me.
3-The Green Mile: Stephen King
Don’t ask questions. Just read it. This book is amazing, and it shows you a side of life you will never (hopefully) see otherwise. Life on Death Row. Its so, so, so, amazing. And written by the King of Horror. Can’t go wrong.
4-Delirium: Lauren Oliver
For showing me life after The Hunger Games. Oliver showed me that I COULD love another series as much as The Hunger Games! I love this series and CANT WAIT for its conclusion in 2013!
5-Slammed: Colleen Hoover
What’s that? I haven’t talked about this book enough? Okay, good! I didn’t think so either! 😉 Slammed is one of those books that stays with you, and leaves you thinking about how it made you feel. It is just.. EPIC.
6-Where She Went: Gayle Forman
For beautiful writing, amazing characters and keeping me on the edge of my seat. I love Gayle Forman OH SO MUCH. She truly has a beautiful way with words.
7-The Kite Runner: Khaled Houssini
Seriously, this book is a masterpiece. I thought I’d hate it. I put off reading it. I tried to avoid it. But I had to do it. And boy am I glad I did! This is a must read, and I truly believe I will never read anything like it ever again.
8-The Maze Runner: James Dashner
This book is unlike any other dystopian I have touched. The world building is truly phenomenal. However, this book is on the list for a more important reason! It is what made me want to start blogging! So in essence, it brought me to you guys! 🙂
That’s it for this edition! I’m not putting ten, cuz well.. I never do. And I’m in a bit of a rush today! I hope you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving! Don’t forget some wine, and your sweatpants for after the feast!
So, its been a while, but this was an awesome time to jump right back into Top Ten Tuesday. Of course hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Be sure to join in! Its tons of fun!
This weeks topic is REWIND! Which mean I get to pick any topic I want that I haven’t done before. So I chose..
1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
I’m a sinner. I know. Awful, awful, awful.
2. The Jenny Pox Series J.L. Bryan
I haven’t read this yet. And thats about to change! Its my first challenge book and I’m super excited about it!
3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Worse is, I own it. I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. But I REALLY need to read this.
4. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
I don’t watch the show, because I’m not so sure I’d like it. But I’ve heard such wonderful things about this series.
5. The Alex Cross Series by James Patterson
Mr. Patterson, I apologize! I just thought it would be impossible to catch up. There’s like 20 books in this series! But I must read them.
6. A Verse Book (Mainly Lisa Schroeder)
Angela and Loretta are the QUEENS of these. And I must get on it, one day.. soon. That should TOTALLY go in my Fall Into Autumn Reading Challenge list!
7. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
I mean, who doesn’t love this series? Its hard to find anyone! One day.. I promise.
8. A Stephen King Horror Book (Misery, Cujo, The Shining, etc.)
I loved the Green Mile with all my heart. But this man is the horror KING and I do not want to be tossing my Nook/book under my bed and having nightmares at 27!
9. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
Okay, I can BELIEVE this one but with all the hype that occurred.. I didn’t want to jump on the bandwagon til I was sure I may like it.
That’s about it though!
Let me know your thoughts and leave your links below!
*Note: My blog is only three months old, making my pickings a bit more slim!*
1. Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
2. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
4. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller
5. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
6. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
7. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
8. Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
9. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
10. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
We all know the FABULOUS Broke and the Bookish hosts
- Jase and Samantha – My Life Next Door: I mean come on, they honestly compliment each other so well, and she can be herself around him and not worry as she always does!
- Noah and Echo– Pushing the Limits: If you read my review, you know I feel these two are more of a meant to be couple than any I have ever read about.
- Ezra and Aria- Pretty Little Liars: Okay, mayyybee I’m being crazy, but I figure if they’ve overcome everything they have already, they have a fighting chance!
- Noah and Mara- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer: They are just freakin’ awesome. Him with his subtle ways and her with her… tendencies. They mesh well, and I love every moment of it!
- Adam and Juliette- Shatter Me: I don’t care. Those can say what they want. Adam is perfect for Juliette because they can fight anyone together. Not apart. Together.
- Adam and Mia– If I Stay/Where She Went: Clearly I’ve got double Noah’s and Adam’s here! BUT I just ADOREEE Adam and Mia. They are so much in pain, but the pain seems to come from longing for each other. It’s so cute. I love them. All relationships should be like theirs. Filled with love and trust.
- Alex and Lena- Delirium Series: This will break my heart if it doesn’t happen. That will be all.
- Four and Tris– Divergent Series: Talk about a kick-ass couple! Like DAMN. These two will take the world (or at least Chicago!) by storm. I’m convinced.